Sunday, November 24, 2013

Reason #7,284 why I love being a big sister

Tuesday is now "Reasons-why-I-love-being-a-big-sister" day. I had 3 of the little people today. Lunch came and went. Dessert time came and I was unprepared. My old standby was microwave s'mores, but I haven't used a microwave in years. And so a crazy idea popped into my head. Make them on the stove. Oi, a 9 year old, 7 y/o, and 3 y/o roasting marshmallows over a gas stove. Bad sister, bad sister! Marshmallows are all but contraband and open flame in the house?!?!? Who thought you were responsible enough to take care of kids? Oh come on! You'll be right there. You've done crazier things. No, no, that's a silly idea. Find a better dessert solution. Think of how much everyone used to love those microwave s'mores! "Hey guys, how do you feel about s'mores today?" Needless to say, they were a huge hit. The kids are safe. And I didn't get fired (no pun intended). Whew :) The little man is convinced that eels are superior to elephants and would prey on them if possible. Oh, and that tanks blow manta rays out of the water. o.o The little lady wants to be some sort of nomad. And the big girl wonders what a girlfriend/boyfriend is anyway? We had fun today. The girls campaigned to stay the night and they are now tucked away in the guest room. We had 3 ingredient banana ice-cream after dinner (banana, yogurt, and choc chips). We watched the Marriage of Figaro. That's life with little people. So maybe the project I had planned to work on after they left is still in a box on the floor. And maybe there is fleece all over the house. The laundry remains heaped in a pile on the couch. But I don't care. This won't always be my reality - they grow so fast. It's nice to just stop and enjoy them. To set aside that bossy, nagging mentality and enjoy these gifts. To listen to them verbally process their view of the world. All too soon they'll actually understand the world and they won't say cute things about girlfriends, nomads, and manta rays. Anyhow, that's my life and this is how I like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment